1. I do. I have two team projects and one project that I completed myself for class. I should probably try to add more.
2. I've tried making a website but it's only basic HTML/CSS. Throughout the year I also tried making little projects in Java like calculators or quizzes but I never put them on my github because I was embarrassed of how basic they are. If anyone has suggestions for really easy things I could build, I'd be really grateful. I generally just follow tutorials word for word…
3. I put the one above on neocities, it's not very impressive and I don't think I'd be confident enough to show it off. I wanted to add a blog but I can't figure out a way to do it on neocities. I've managed to make similar before using PHP, I could post something like that to my github but I think it would look better on my website.
4. I haven't even heard of any of those certs. I took an Oracle Java exam but failed.
5. Unfortunately, my course was only a year long so an internship wasn't available to us because we never had a break.
6. I really don't think I'd be able for something at that level yet. I went to a small one at my college. It was fun but the rest of my team was doing all the work because I didn't understand it, I felt too embarrassed to go again.
7. I've been to two. The first was CS related and the second was more general. I got speaking to a lot of people but they kept stopping me mid sentence to say that they're only looking for people applying for managerial roles. I thought it was really strange because it was next to my college and we were advised to go but no companies were looking for recent graduates/interns.
8. I have LinkedIn, just applied for a job last night through it. It's up to date. I don't have a Twitter.
9. My only job experience is in childcare. I did a two week work experience when I was 16 but it wasn't long enough to have actually learned anything.
10. Thankfully, my college reviewed my CV before I left and gave me some advice on things to change so it's up to date. It's mostly education and one previous job. I listed all the modules I took and what I learned.
I haven't joined anything like that again because I didn't feel confident enough in my coding skills. I actually haven't heard of Toastmasters which is strange because there is actually one in my area, I'll go down this week anPost too long. Click here to view the full text.