FAQs & Tidbits
What is SushiChan?: SushiChan is an imageboard inspired off the likes of the Japanese Futaba Channel, its infamous American cousin 4Chan, their stoner Canadian cousin 420Chan, the spooky UboaChan, and the quirky, lovable cyberpunk, LainChan. Sushichan was founded on August 5th, 2014 on a drunken bet.
Why SushiChan?: The aesthetic and atmosphere of a sushi bar seemed like a fun concept to mimic with an imageboard. Get comfy, grab your favorite beverage and a snack, shoot the shit, laugh, and most of all: take it easy. You may say the site runs on an Epicurean ethos.
Are there rules?: The rules are simple to follow:
- No post's content should in any way violate U.S. law, as the web server is in U.S. jurisdiction. This also means that you agree you are 18 years or older. Post content, including attached files, are the responsibility of the poster. Do not post child pornography or questionable sexual depictions of children. This includes "child models".
- The allowed file types for upload are: jpg, gif, png, bmp, webm, swf, flv, mkv, 7z, zip, torrent, pdf, and mobi. Currently supported site embeds are youtube, vimeo, dailymotion, metacafe, & vocaroo. Maximum post size is 10MB. You are allowed to upload up to 4 files per post.
- A list of the currently available BBCodes can be found here.
- Stay comfy~! Uncomfy topics should be obvious, but include religion, politics, misogyny, racism, gay-bashing, ranting, insulting people's hobbies, intentional flamebaiting etc. and will be locked and moved to /superhell/ most likely.
- /lounge/ is for general comfy talk and random comfy things.
- Cute things, cute girls, and SFW yuri go on /kawaii/. Anything (drawn) in the NSFW range goes to /lewd/.
- Keep photographic porn in /lewd/ to a minimum, and NSFW in /hell/ to a minimum.
- /hell/ is for random shitposting. Also if you absolutely must have a super serious thread do it on /hell/, otherwise please don't. :)
- /yakuza/ is for meta discussion about the site and moderation, and it's also ok to have serious talk here.
- /superhell/ is where super mean threads and rants go to die. If your thread is missing, it was probably locked and moved to /superhell/. Lurk more before posting. Especially check out the Sushigirl.tokyo archive for inspiration.
- If you want to vent about something, you should probably do it on another site.
- Mod-baiting posts that say things like "come get me mods" will cause the mods to come get you, obviously.
- Smoke weed it's good for you.
- It never gets weird enough.
- Doxxing (posting personal info) of an individual or individuals is a bannable offense, and will at the very least be edited or deleted.
- Bunny girls are always relevant.
- Please don't post just to advertise something.
- Users who repeatedly break the rules will be banned. Bans can be appealed directly to Seisatsu on IRC or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I need to register?: This is an anonymous site, so no registration is required. If you want to prevent someone impersonating you, such as when you start a thread, use a tripcode.
What is a tripcode?: Tripcodes can help verify a user's identity to others, and are a type of pseudo-registration, and are allowed if starting a thread so you can be recognized as the original poster. To use a normal tripcode, place a hash mark ("#") followed by a word or short phrase after what you've entered into the [Name] field (ex. "Sashimi#password"). Upon submission, the server will generate the hash unique to that particular word or phrase. The previous example would display "Sashimi !ozOtJW9BFA" after being posted.
Abuse of this power for attention seeking purposes (i.e.: camwhoring) will receive one warning. Further incurrence will be handled with a global ban from all boards permanantly. Bans do not get appeals.
Important note: A tripcode is generated only using the text entered after the hash mark. Your entered name, IP address, cookie information, etc. do not affect the output.
Can I delete my own posts?: Yes, but you must wait 10 minutes. This is to prevent ghost bumping / spamming of threads.
Does Sushichan have markup codes?: Yes.
- ''italics'' (single quotes)
- '''bold''' (single quotes)
How do I contact the admin?: You can email the administrator at email@example.com. The IRC is even more ideal for getting ahold of the admin in real time.
Who runs SushiChan?: Itamae-Kamisama is an international super-spy whose personal background is shrouded in mystery, danger, intrigue, fast cars, and faster women. He disappeared to parts unknown but then he got better. Seisatsu ran the site by himself for a while, but now it is run by both Seisatsu and Itamae.
The current staff that run the site are:
Owner / Admin / Operator
Co-Admin / Co-Operator
When do you broadcast movies?: Check for a movie thread in /lounge/ from time to time for listings.
What else does this site offer?: The Sushichan mumble server can be very fun. To learn how to connect to voice chat, ask on IRC. Other than the boards and movie stream, IRC is offered as well. Aim your clients in the general direction of #sushigirl @ irc.freenode.net.
6697, 9999: (SSL)
IRC client listing
X-Chat Aqua (Mac OS X)
Colloquy (Mac OS X)
HexChat (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
irssi (Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Cisco IOS, Casio watches, toasters)